Hi.

I can see that it exist Openmoko, x11, Opie, Gpephone images, and you name
it for A780. But i cant see that someone have made a Qtopia-4.3.0 image yet.
So i did somemething about it :-) .

I have made a image based on Angstrom-2008.1 console image and added
Qtopia-4.3.0.

It works kind of great, and it runs fast and smooth. There are still some
issues then. I am trying to get all the keys working but i have som issues
with the asterisk key and the powerbutton.
I will look further in to it and see if i can make it better supported.
I will also try to make phone support when the modem is up running in the
openezx kernel.
Someone in the xanadux-team has ported roadmap to
Qtopia, i will add that later to the image when i have tested it out
myself (gps is working
right?)

Someone from motorolafans forums added a video of Qtopia running on A780,
here is the link:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=-V9viQezq5s

*Here are the status*:
Touchscreen works.
Sound works (lacks a mediplayer because of some helix bugs).
Backlight control works.
Allmost all the buttons are supported, but there are some issues, i have to
sort them out.
To shut down the system hit the Volume button and a shutdown menu will
appear (use *restart device* to shutdown the system).

You can get it here (zImage is setup to run rootfs from the second
partition, (why is that default and not the first partition?)):

http://www.linuxtogo.org/~goxboxlive/A780/images/<http://www.linuxtogo.org/~goxboxlive/A780/images/>

regards
gxl