> From: Antonio Ospite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:31:33 +0200
> Subject: Re: Which of the EZX phones should OpenEZX
> focus on in the future?
>
>> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
>> Patrick Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> From what I understand, MotoMAGX is very close if
>> not identical to what LiMo's OS will be.  Targeting
>> this iteration of EZX casts the OpenEZX net wider
>> than just Motorola.

> Well, maybe you assume OpenEZX supports MotoMAGX,
> which I _personally_ think it is currently not the
> case. At least in the original, narrower,
> sense, OpenEZX is a kernel reimplementation for
> Motorola EZX phones (that means, from our POV,
> pxa27x based ones).

You're correct- I had assumed that MotoMAGX was a
rename of EZX for the 2.6 kernel.  I didn't realize
they use different ARM cores.

How much of the work do you think could be used in an
open MotoMAGX/OpenLimo kernel?   At least here in the
US, the only EZX phone that is still easy to get is
the A1200e.  (The MotoMAGX V8 and Z6 are readily
available.)

Thanks,
Pat

Access, No Cost.