Stefan Schmidt wrote:
Hello.

Hi, all

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 21:43, Antonio Ospite wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 01:22:15 +0200
Stefan Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I haven't tested it with X yet. Not sure if I find the time for this
over the weekend.
I did a quick test with an old[1] Xfbdev from OE, but no luck. The
screen gets splitted in four regions each displaying the same image,
and going back to fbcon keeps the screen garbled.

OK, thanks for the test. Thæt means we have to dig into the 18bpp for
X more then we would love to do. :)

Just for thereference. It worked fine on your A910, white text, etc.?

I had a negative report about the pre-build kernel for ROKOR E6. As I
haven't one of this another testing on this device would be appreciated.

Ok, I'll try to run it sometime this week.

Anyway, I've been following linux-arm-kernel for quite some time now and I've seen some patches to add support to 18bpp to pxafb, but none that uses an officially acceptable method of conveying the actual pixel format.

Just search for the thread "pxafb 18bpp support" and see the discussion between Palo Revak and Russell King to see what I mean.

Is the gumstix patch any better? If it's not, then that probably explains why Xfbdev doesn't like it... :(

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

"When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb."