On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:51:11 -0300
Daniel Ribeiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stefan Schmidt escreveu:
> > git clone git://git.openezx.org/motorola-2.4.git
> > git clone git://git.openezx.org/openezx.git
>
> Hi!
> For developers, with push access the clone should be with:
>
> $ git clone [EMAIL PROTECTED]:openezx.git && cd openezx
>
> Then you have to initialize guilt
>
> $ guilt-init
>
> and then import the latest commits as guilt patches:
>
> $ guilt-import-commit  1101d2609255da52e81358256bc0ef3011a7fd77..HEAD
>
> at this point, you can work with guilt the same way as quilt,

What about fetching and integrate changes made by other developers?
Could we use something like that?
$ guilt-push -a
$ guilt-commit -a
$ git pull --rebase

> after doing the changes, and refreshing, you push it to
> git.openezx.org:
>
> $ guilt push -a && git push -f

Ah, and how to pull changes from linux-2.6-arm and push them back to
our repository?
Should that be done only on a fresh, not guilt enabled, clone?
$ git pull \
http://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/kernel/git-cur/linux-2.6-arm.git/ \
pxa
$ git push -f

Is the --rebase option needed in the first command?

Let's coordinate some test commits with updates by other devs.

> For users, without commit access, there is no need to apply the
> OpenEZX patchset anymore, after the git clone the tree will have
> all the OpenEZX patches already applied.

which is good for casual contributors: just git clone our repository,
make your changes, and send the diff to openezx-devel.

Regards,
   Antonio