On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 23:47:44 +0100
Bart Visscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:40:41PM +0100, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> > Hi Bart, I think I've found the solution re-reading 2.4 code, I'll
> > have to keep this in mind for the future: "Use the Source, Luke!"
> >
> > I am not sure anymore if TCMM_EN is one of the problems, I did some
> > test even without touching it, and the camera seems to work anyway,
> > even with BP in flash mode.
>
> I tried it without the TCMM_EN code, and it works for me. Maybe we
> should remove it.

I also tried reading GPIOs values on 2.4 firmware and TCMM_EN is indeed
toggled, maybe it is required on some board revision and not on others,
in fact this toggling code is present in A780/E680v1 but not in
A780/E680v2 (these are git tags on our 2.4 git repository), and
for some models it is gpio 89 instead of 99. So for now we can remove
this part and readd it on request some day.

> > However, he _main_ issue were about mt9m111 and pxa-camera setup.
> > It looks like on A780 pixel data is expected to come on pixelclock
> > falling edge (PXA_CAMERA_PCP set), but sensor driver prevented us to
> > set this option in pxa-camera. You find the patch needed to mt9m111.c
> > attached. Can you please try it? (remember to set PXA_CAMERA_PCP)
>
> I tried the version in git and that seems to work fine. I has your patch
> included, so that works.

But there is still discussion open about what the proper fix for
mainline should be.
If you want you can follow the discussion here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-video&m=122605918924453&w=2

> Bart

BTW, thanks for starting this thread Bart.

Regards,
   Antonio