2008/11/20 Daniel Ribeiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Em Qui, 2008-11-20 às 05:28 +0200, Ilya Petrov escreveu:
>> > blob_base_address is dynamic, it depends on the phone, see start.S to
>> > learn how gen-blob determines where it is running.
>>
>> it depends on phone or on generation?
>
> Generation.

ok, so it is safe for me to use on al gen2 at least

>> on gen2 kernel partition is 1mb and my current kernel is 937148 bytes long.
>>
>> i think we can change kernel partition map on gen1 for this.
>
> In this case it would not work, as blob (or MBM) will only copy a
> limited amount of data to ram.

but we can copy any amout of data

>> also, we can try to strip useless code from blob. what is size limit on gen1?
>
> 896kb. I think we can reduce blob size considerably, but not enough to
> make it fit.

we can try. what is limit for blob size?

>> > And, as a final side-note, on gen1 gen-blob itself is loaded to
>> > KERNEL_RAM_BASE(0xa0200000), so, on gen1 your code copies the kernel
>> > over gen-blob while it is running causing unpredictable results.

hmm, wait. your code loads kernel from fat to same address:

char *buf = (char *)KERNEL_RAM_BASE;
size = file_fat_read(kernel, buf, 0x200000); // 2MB

--
 wbr, Ilya
 ICQ: none, Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]