Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> writes:

> Hi Gopal,
>
> What you're doing seems to be right, but my (very arbitrary) guess is
> that you either have some endian issues or are not packing the message
> correctly.  The way to check is to grab the openflow wireshark
> dissector from the openflow reference implementation.  Let it to parse
> your messages and make sure that all of the bits are where you think
> they are.  If that all works out, it's possible (though hopefully less
> likely) that you've found a bug in the switch you're using -- what
> switch are you using?
>
> - Rob
> .

Hi Rob

Thanks for your response.

I was using openflow 1.0.0 userspace switch within a virtual box.
The controller was a modified one from openvswitch_1.1.0_pre2
(hence, both should be using the same protocol 1.0). Wireshark seemed
to parse everything ... except, the match fields (but not the wildcards)
were missing in both OFP_STAT request and response. So I switched to
using the openvswitch ( and now wireshark could see all the match
fields correctly and my search operations are now working as expected.
Not sure why it works with openvswitch but not with openflow switch
(since the protocol should be exactly the same), but I think I am
going to leave it at that and continue with openvswitch.

regards
Gopal Agrawal