Inline

In my case however, the packet:

>>> 1. arrives at dpid1
>>> 2. is tx to the controller
>>> 3. I insert an action to rewrite the mac address such as
>>> 00:00:00:00:00:fc
>>> 4. I verify that the flow mod was installed using dpctl on the switch
>>> 5. However, the pkt is not transmitted to the next dpid, ie dpid2.
>>> Rather, srcHost, tx yet a second pkt to dpid1 and so on.

What is "the packet"?  Is this a packet out the controller is expected to
send?  Or some subsequent packet?

Note that the table action for packet out is not supported on Indigo, so if
you're counting on the switch to carry out the action of changing the
dest-MAC on a packet-out packet, it won't happen.

-Dan

>>> I have realized that if the rewritten mac address is the same as the
>>> destination address (i.e. 00:25:64:a4:5c:f5 and NOT 00:00:00:00:00:fc), the
>>> pkt leaves dpid1, is transmitted to dpid2 just fine.
>>>

>>> -Ali
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Dan
>>>

>>> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Ali Sydney < asyd...@k-state.edu >
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Everyone,
>>> I am having some issues with rewriting the destination mac address on
>>> the Pronto 3290. Below is my current setup:
>>>
>>> srcHost <--> dpid1 <--> dpid2 <--> dpid3 <--> dstHost
>>>
>>> REF:
>>> srcHost Mac: b8:ac:6f:2a:6a:ea
>>> dstHost Mac: 00:25:64:a4:5c:f5
>>>

>>> Ideally, when I tx a pkt from srcHost to dstHost, at the controller, I
>>> see ip packets entering the dpids in the following order:
>>>
>>> 1. dpid1
>>> 2. dpid2