Hi all,

I've been having some trouble understanding the priority field for the flow
entries.

I have successfully set flows in my switches using the default priority and I
can also
install them with a different priority when installing them for the first time
with
install_datapath_flow by simply changing the value passed in the priority field.

Now I would like to install them with a priority of, say 1000, and after a
while change
that priority to 500.

I have been reading core.py, util.py, openflow.h, monitoring.py and
pycomponent.py
trying to find a way to change the value maybe using send_flow_command with the
command set to openflow.OFPFC_MODIFY and changing the priority field to the
new one, but it didn't work.

Then I thought about passing the new priority as a parameter in the "attrs"
dictionary
but I could not think of a proper way to implement it.

But going back to the first approach, I am starting to think the priority field
cannot
be modified as it appears that when used in send_flow_command, it is used to
help
identify the flow rather than to change the flow's priority. So it looks like
an identifier
rather than a parameter.

So, to sum up: can priorities be changed after the flows are set? If so, any
ideas on
how it could be done?

Any help in clarifying this issue would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Daniel