Hello,

I am trying to re-create the openflow wireless n-casting demo but I am
having a bit of trouble with the client. I have two wireless NICs (one
internal Intel and an atheros external card) that I am using in a virtual
machine via a bridge adapter (so they appear as eth0 and eth1
respectively). Since hoolock doesn't seem to work on Ubuntu 10.04 or
higher, I have resorted to using either open v switch or ifenslave for
bonding. However, so far the attempts have been unsuccessful.

1) When I use openvswitch to create a bond (i.e. ovs-vsctl add-bond br0
bond0 eth0 eth1 lacp=active trunks=10,20) the lacp-negotiated value is
false and the bond does not work. Someone from ovs mailing told me that it
doesn't work

2) When I use ifenslave to create a bond between eth0 and eth1, the
following happens:
- All the load-balancing bonding modes do not work, traffic is only routed
through one port
- The active-backup mode does not work, when the main port is disconnected,
the entire connection fails instead of switching over to the second
(backup) port
Thus, it doesn't have the functionalities necessary for the demo.

Does anyone have any idea on how to proceed from here? Does bonding only
work in a non-virtual environment (I am using Virtualbox)? I am currently
working with Ubuntu 12.04 but have tried to set up bonding with no luck in
Ubuntu 10.04 as well.

Thank You,

Kevin Han