Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup the L3 Inband control (APTYPE=0) on the recently released
PC Engine Openflow image. The image I am using is the one Masa released earlier
this year in March. It's the one compatible with Openflow v1.0 with no need of
manual upgrade. However, even after following the instructions given in the
step-by-step tutorial
(http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_AP_with_PC_Engine), I cannot get
the AP to connect to any controller at all using L3 inband. I have tried basic
NOX controller and the default controller that came with OpenFlow. The problem
is that the AP can successfully start up the connection with the OF controller.
However, whenever a flow mod or packet out command is received by the AP, the
inband configuration of dp0 and eth0 breaks down. In other words, the AP enters
in a lockdown with the controller where the controller messages themselves
require controller permission.

I attempted to debug using the ovs-dpctl and ovs-ofctl on the AP but I was not
able to get any useful information.

This behavior only happens with L3 inband mode. I have actually tried L2 inband
(VLAN) and tunneling, of which both works very well. For now, I have
successfully setup a tunneling topology with Capsulator and APTYPE=1. However,
I have to setup an individual tunnel for each AP, which is more complex as
setup.

I just wanted to know if anyone have encountered this problem at all with the
new PC Engine image (not the old one)? Even though I was able to get the
tunneling mode working, it would be nice to know what was wrong with the L3
inband mode.

Thanks

Heming