On May 30, 2012, at 9:51 AM, shreya pandita wrote:
> I have been looking into openflow in wireless and got "pantou
> firmware" installed on my wireless router TL-WR1043ND
> So now I was wondering how to go about inserting flows in my box  Does
> pantou already come with ofctl in built , as in the
> /etc/config/openflow file.
> I can see ofctl being assigned an ip adress.
> I am new to open WRT project , so any suggestions on how to explore
> more are welcome.

Hi Shreya,

nice! the TL-WR1043ND devices aren't very powerful, but I've been working with
a couple, and they are really fun.

by default, the Pantou firmware is configured to look for a controller on
192.168.1.10 [1], attached to the blue WAN port. you'll also be able to SSH in
that way -- the base station will have the address 192.168.1.1 [2].

you can also use that to interact with the OF switch remotely. for example:

user@192.168.1.10$ dpctl add-flow tcp:192.168.1.1:6634
in_port=1,actions=output:2
user@192.168.1.10$ dpctl monitor tcp:192.168.1.1:6634
etc.

once you go through the Pantou wiki page, there's no longer anything special
about the fact that it's based on OpenWRT. it's just another box running the
reference software switch. there are a few helpful things not on the Pantou
page which you can find in the regular OpenWRT wiki such as securing the
wireless networks, preserving your config files across updates, etc.

I would suggest going through the OpenFlow tutorial to learn more about general
topics: http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_Tutorial

cheers,
Andrew

[1] You can change this by editing /lib/openflow/ofprotocol.sh on the device.
[2] You can change this by editing /etc/config/network on the device.