Dear all,

I am trying for a while to configure properly a network created by Linksys
and TP-Link routers on which I have OpenWrt 0.8 (I believe) and OpenFlow
1.0. Can you please go throw my fairly long configuration steps and clarify
some issues?

My file /etc/config/openflow looks like this

config 'ofswitch'

        option 'dp' 'dp0'

        option 'ofports' 'eth0.0 eth0.1 eth0.2 eth0.3'

        option 'ofctl' 'tcp:10.92.0.100:6633'

        option 'mode'  'inband'

Now, can you explain fairly what is *inband* and *outofband* controll and
suggest which is better for NOX controller?

In order to start the openflow protocol I created a separtated script for
startup in /etc/init.d/ that is bellow

#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common

START=90

STOP=90

boot() {

         ofdatapath --detach punix:/var/run/dp0 -d 586D8762F8B1 -i br-lan

         ofprotocol unix:/var/run/dp0 tcp:10.92.0.100:6633 --fail=closed

}

start() {

        ofdatapath --detach punix:/var/run/dp0 -d 586D8762F8B1 -i br-lan

        ofprotocol unix:/var/run/dp0 tcp:10.92.0.100:6633 --fail=closed

}

restart() {

        stop

        start

}

I mention that the fail=closed dosen't work, I can still ping my host even
if I don't start a controller.

I can verify flows installed using wireshark and filtering for FlowMod or I
use

dpctl dump-flows unix:/var/run/dp0

Next question that is very important for me is how do I see in whireshark
the traffic that is by *default* on the switches and the one that passes by
the flows I installed. Is there any way to actually see that things go as
expected?

Hope you will reply to me :) Also, maybe I missed some tutorials or someone
actually uses real devices and can give me more pointers on how this works.

Thanks a lot!!!

Best,

Diana