I'm a little confused with your question. Do you mean the mechanism
such as auto discovery of the new openflow switch ? I'm from a
openflow switch provider, and the switch has to set the controller's
ip address and then communicate with the server via tcp or other
protocol in our design.

Thanks,
Liang