After having great results putting Pantou on a Linksyst WRT54GL, we
decided to try the TL-WR1043ND.  That's not working so well, and I
wonder if other folks have relevant experience and can make
suggestions...

Our switch is a Ver 1.8, so I download the 1.8 firmware from
http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_1.0_for_OpenWRT
The flashing process seemed to go OK.   The problems from that point
could be because of procedural problems on my part or hardware
incompatability, or it could be that things are working fine
and I'm just confused about how it's supposed to work:

- On the WRT54GL, the port with the static IP addresss 192.168.1.1
  assigned was the WAN port.   On the TL-WR1043ND I luckily
  discovered that I could get to 192.168.1.1 by connecting to any
  of the LAN ports.  Is that expected?

- The /etc/config/network file does not include 5 ports as described
  on the wiki page, but only eth0.1 and eth0.2.  Is that expected?
  Am I supposed to install my own /etc/config/network?  I tried to
  install the one on the web page, but that left the switch unusable.
  I was afraid I had bricked it until I discovered how to boot in
  failsafe mode and revert to the factory firmware.

- The WAN port appears to be dead.  The status LED never comes on (even
  though the port works fine with the factory firmware).  I thought it
  might be this issue: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38033
  but the workaround linked to at https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11898
  did not help.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?   Thanks!

--
Peter Fales
Alcatel-Lucent