the topology you have linked to is a router topology. try the switch topology
first: http://archive.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_Tutorial#Start_Network

as shown in the diagram, the regular hosts are on a different range of IP
addresses than the controller: 10.0.0.0/24 for the hosts, and 192.168.1.0/24
for the controller. as the wiki explains, the Pantau firmware is configured by
default to look for a controller at 192.168.1.10.

finally -- why are you trying to ping the *clients* from the AP? in the
standard configuration, it will not be able to reach them via IP packets (you
will get "ping: sendto: Network is unreachable") -- the clients will be able to
ping each other, and they will not be able to ping the controller (or
vice-versa).  this is because the switch has an interface with an IP address
*only* on the control network, and not on the data-plane network. the regular
hosts (clients) should not be able to "see" the switch. when you attach a
regular (non-OpenFlow) switch to your network, you can't ping it either, right?
this works the same way.

anyway, try taking one step at a time:

first of all, is the OpenFlow switch software properly connected to the
controller? (does the controller report the switch's connection?)  I recall
Murphy explaining before how to enable debug log messages for Pox.

with just *one* client connected, and trying to ping any IP address from the
client (it doesn't matter which one), do you see packet in messages at Pox? if
you don't, then you need to fix that first.

after you are seeing packet in messages from *one* client, then attach a second
client to the second wireless network, etc.

Andrew

ps -- if you cannot get the OpenFlow switch software to connect to the
controller, and you have all of the IP addresses configured properly, it could
be that the WAN port on your AP doesn't work. that has been a problem with some
TP-Link devices:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd#warnings.gotchas ... so you can
also re-purpose one of the LAN (yellow?) ports to be your "controller" port. if
you do that, you need to remove that port from the list of ports in
/etc/config/openflow.