On Mar 12, 2014, at 9:18 AM, Himanshu Shah <himanshu1...@live.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to bring down a specific port from the controller and after some bring
> the port back up.
>
> One way to go about doing this is to use port_mod flags such as
> OFPPC_PORT_DOWN and OFPPC_NO_FWD. However I didn't see any such flags to
> bring the port up from the controller. Is there a way to do the same?
>
> Also what is the difference between OFPPC_PORT_DOWN and OFPPS_LINK_DOWN?

I saw you already got an answer to your first question on the Pox list, which
is great.

as for your second question:

"OFPPC_"  I think of as "OpenFlow protocol, Port Configuration"
"OFPPS_"   I think of as "OpenFlow protocol, Port State (or Status)"

a configuration flag being something you can set with your controller (ie, to
bring the port administratively down), where as the second, a status flag, is
something which is set by the switch to tell your controller something (ie,
that the link has gone down).

see page 18 of the 1.0 spec for OFPPS_ flags and page 17 for OFPPC_ flags.
there are some useful comments there as well.

cheers,
Andrew