On 07/06/2016 07:28 PM, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
> Secondly, committers would _lose_ the verify rights as they would become
> completely managed by Jenkins. The values would change from -1 .. +1 to
> become -1 .. +2
>
> Thirdly, committers would _lose_ the submit right. This would be
> completely controlled by Jenkins based upon state transitions.
> Effectively turning the "Approve +1" right that committers would be
> gaining into what would effectively be a "conditionally submit this
> code, provided all tests pass" operation.

While I like the overall idea, I certainly do not have enough faith in
infrastructure and verification pipeline stability.

I presume those test definitions will be in JJB, which means that when
infra goes south (as it has numerous times over the past year) or a
project goes AWOL (and looses its snapshot artifacts, for example), we
are dead in the water with no options to move forward until whatever
went wrong gets resolved -- which is a heavily PST-centric process and
has taken days (and weeks) to complete on more than one occasion.

I am sorry, but this proposal will need to show a serious long-term SLA
before committers can be *asked* to relinquish these rights.

Bye,
Robert