On 08/03/2016 09:28 PM, Anil Vishnoi wrote:
> Hi An,
>
> I am looking at all the openflowplugin dependent project to check if
> they are impacted. As of now, i think netvirt, genius, vtn and nic
> project were impacted and there respected patches are merged. If there
> is any other project that is breaking, i will send the waiver and push
> the patch to the project.

Hello,

in prior releases we have done API waivers for any API change, no matter
whether they were used within ODL projects or not.

The reason for this is that our SR plan explictly states that APIs are
frozen past M4. That document is public and I am pretty sure we do have
outside consumers, which align their development to time it to the release.

Weather traffic acts as a warning that a change is coming down the
pipeline not only for internal users, but also these others. They cannot
stop us from making the change, but it is a matter of courtesy.

Furthermore a change in previously-released model is an API change,
which means that we are not keeping our API compatibility promise and as
such it needs to be release-noted. Having a waiver allows the release
management team to make sure that happens.

I know this release has been hectic for me and I sure others, too, but
can we get back to following the rules in the next release, please?

Thanks,
Robert