On 22/04/18 10:01, Anil Vishnoi wrote:

>     If we can make Ipv4Address.equals() final, we can define it in way,
>     which would prevent this sort of breakage happening again -- but
>     that is:
>     1) a restriction on how generated code can be used
>     2) a relatively high-risk change (is there anybody manually subclassing
>     generated classes?)
>     3) probably not a 5-line patch implementation
>
>     The question to the community is:
>
>     Is that what we want MD-SAL Binding V1 to do Fluorine onwards?
>
> ​ Weather report with these rationale would help. If community care,
> they will understand the issue and raise their concern if any, if not,
> it's mdsal committers decision.

I think you understand the Weather Item process, which is for
integrating breaking work.

This is a question about *embarking* on implementing a change, and the
question has been asked.

Let me ask you specifically:

Does the proposed change address the problem you are perceiving and do
you support it?

Thanks,
Robert