>Let's put our energy into getting font designers to support  the
>project, and not into trying to find a half-dozen fonts that  were
>badly released 10 or 20 years ago and might or might not  be
>protected by copyright.  The goal is to create a community of  people
>designing and releasing type, not to try and find legal loopholes  to
>annoy the very people we want to attract.

All I was doing was asking if anyone knew of any fonts which are Public
Domain due to not having a copyright added at the time. I know of no such
fonts,
but since it is one of the primary ways things enter(ed)
the public domain, and there are probably some such fonts out there, the
best thing to do would probably be to add something to the wiki somewhere
noting
the possible/probable existance of fonts which are in Public Domain due
being released in the United States before March 1, 1989 without a  copyright
notice. Using such fonts would probably be unethical, but since  they are in
the
body of "open fonts", they do deserve mention.

FF