Just to set things straight ...
this isn't a talk about nitpicking , it's a talk about avoiding regressions

it's imho easier to rollback or go through the diffs of suspect changeset
than traverse several big changesets having non related diffs inside and split them after pushed

divide and conquer before the push, it's that simple

if you have a better ideas how to avoid regressions, then I'd like to know them

for the below, using hg split and mq the rollbacks aren't that big deal
the big deal is to identify the code and split changesets, if you want to keep parts of them ...

hmm?