Adrian Midgley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ownership
> Is theft.[2]
>
> [2] Ah, but from whom?
>     (and it is a quote, not an assertion)

Proudhon (As a former anarcho-syndicalist, I knew that even without having to
Google
for it, but here's a link tot he primary source anyway:
http://dhm.best.vwh.net/archives/proudhon-property-is-theft.html )

> > License for Derivation
> An essential component of the Free Software licences such as the GPL,
> and the Open Source licences.  You can alter it, with or without
> telling
> anyone.  (If it is FLOSS you must distribute your source code
> alterations if you distribute the compiled executable, but crucially in
> FUD-busting terms you need not distribute it, and therefore need not
> distribute the alterations at all to anyone.

No, if the license is a Copyleft license, then the above applies. Are all FLOSS
licenses
are copyleft licenses? Probably yes. But not all Copyleft licenses are FLOSS
licenses, if you listen to Richard Stallman. Its a debatable point.

Tim C