On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Tim Churches wrote:

How about http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/321/7267/976

PubMed is your friend - a search of "Open source" yields 139 hits...

Not really medicine related but I tried to explain the Free Software
idea to a non-technical audience (I kept my mother in mind) and the
outcome was a talk which was also written down in a paper which is
available at

    http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200506_ltk-freebeer/freebeer-notes.pdf

(The slides are also available at
    http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200506_ltk-freebeer/
 but you will probably want to read the text first before you understand
 the slides completely because they contain a certain amount of images
 and sketches which would miss the "audio-channel" of a talk...)

I had some kind of success when I holded a former version of this talk in
my institute (medical stuff).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--