Well it is built around middleware but supports a fully customizable clinical functionality. It isn't that much oriented (at this time) to administrative functions, but using XML templates can support just about any clinical information. Because of its customizability, it isn't a "turn-key" system as it stands, although we hope that to change in the near future. It does come with a simple immunization registry and a bio-surveillance capability. In addition, it now has a fairly complete implementation of the HL7 CTS vocabulary specification.

Dave
Joseph Dal Molin wrote:
Dave,

I thought OpenEMed was middleware and not an application per se.... could you tell us more about your clinical/administrative functionality?

Joseph

David Forslund wrote:
Also OpenEMed

Dave