You should co-ordinate this with the IMIA working group on open source.

http://www.chirad.info/imiaoswg/

-Brian

Horst Herb a écrit :
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 03:47, Joseph Dal Molin wrote:
to hold a meeting. In fact a satellite conference is preferable to
imbedding a meeting in Medinfo because of the cost of registration. A
low risk strategy is to find a willing host that can provide the space
to meet and ideally food services that are within walking distance -  a
university or something like that.

No worries. It is not the first conference I organize here. I was on the committee organizing two RACGP conferences (some 2000 delegates each), and together with another colleague we organized a smaller scale conference (60 delegates) ourselves too - the latter worked out very cheap and flawless.

We used no sponsors deliberately - instead we negotiated with a nice resort off season to provide us all facilities for free in exchange for booking a larger number of rooms in block. We got the rooms at 60% regular rate, two large meeting rooms, audiovisual equipment, and they even threw in an afternoon tea. We could use the meeting room even at night, they gave us the key (we used it for a social gathering and watched movies on the big screen). Only thing delegates had to pay for was conference lunch and diner. Would do it the same way again

Horst