Tim Cook wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 10:33 +0100, Christian Heller wrote:
>  > However, I think it is time to accept a citation of Wikipedia,
>  > for example. Many profs claim that it were not "scientific" enough.
>
> Wikipedia is not peer-reviewed in any formal process.  "All" professors
> should claim it is not scientific enough.  That said, I do think most of
> the information there is quite accurate....but I still use caution and
> NEVER use it for reference.
>
>  > > Don't you (ALL) think we badly need an Open Source and
>  > > Free Journal in our domain. I strongly feel this must
>  > [..]
>  >
>  > There is one: http://www.josmc.org/
>
> There is an online, peer-reviewed, free medical/health journal that is
> indexed and carries an (estimated) 2.0 impact factor:
> http://www.jmir.org/?JMIR_Home:Why_choose_JMIR%3F
>
> They are also offering to provide support for a new journal if you are
> ready to start one.  See the website above for details.
>
> You can also submit relevant research information to OpenClinical for
> publication; http://www.openclinical.org/home.html Though I doubt it
> will count for your publication requirements for your degree???

What is wrong with BioMed Central medical Informatics and Decision
Making? It is peer-reviewed and indexed in Medline. Fully open access.
If your university is a member then you won't have to pay any author
fees. If not, the charges are about teh same as for JMIR, I think.

See http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcmedinformdecismak/

Tim C