Tim Cook wrote:

> If any of you read The Edge ( http://www.edge.org/ ) you'll be familiar
> with John Brockman's annual big question to a chosen group of leading
> thinkers.
>
> Many on this mailing list have been working together since 1999 or
> before in some cases. I am wondering......in the context of open source
> healthcare IT lessons learned so far.
>
> "What is your dangerous idea?"

For everyone to ask the government for a detailed, itemised invoice for
their tax bill. hat would allow me to refuse to pay for state-sponsored
terrorism, use of depleted uranium, land-mines, subsidy of dangerous
polluting and other anti-life corporations etc. Not health-specific
enough? Then I at least want an itemised invoice for the health part of
my tax bill. I theorise that the department(s) of health will be unable
to produce anything, and may go into permanent spasm/paralysis. Then
doctors, patients and support workers might start to actually get
something done.

- thomas beale