Peter,

Does the OSWG have a budget for invited presentations?   One of the
first on my list would be Prof. von Hippel of MIT to present a recent
paper in his investigations into "Democratizing Innovation."    A lot
of his work is based on close observations of the Apache Project, but
he also does a good job generalizing the open source effect beyond
software, which I think is a potent part f the open source message:
it is not just software, it is a disruptive form of rapid and
comprehensive collaboration.   We also have a lot of depth on the
bench directly within in the AMIA OSWG  --  Bill Lober, Mike Hogarth,
etc.

I think an OS track gives us the opportunity to stretch the
discussion to attract mainstream informatics attendees.   If we have
a bit of funding we may be able to offer slate of fairly provocative
presentations.

[wr]

- - - - - - - -

[wr]