On Mar 22, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Wayne Wilson wrote:

>> Another way of looking at all this is to imagine a kind of open
>> source
>> HIMSS interoperability demonstration (as Joseph and Dave said above).
>> What would the community have to do to achieve it? Work backwards
>> from
>> there.
>>
> The wrong model, don't emulate the entrenched vendor community.
> Work backward from the user community.

The work underway in Mendocino is explicitly user driven.   We start
from Clinician and Medical Records workflows.   We don't move forward
until we have a compelling solution that meets the shared needs of
both of these user categories.   Echoing Wayne's comment, we do not
allow the vendor-centric HIMSS framework to over-engineer the
process.   Insufficiently simple solutions create an enterprise
barrier to sustainability.

[wr]

will ross
project manager