--- In openhealth@yahoogroups.com, "Ignacio Valdes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "The goal of the http://www.mirthproject.org/ Mirth Project is to
> develop an open source cross-platform HL7 interface engine that
> enables bi-directional sending of HL7 messages between systems and
> applications over multiple transports. By utilizing an enterprise
> service bus framework and a channel-based architecture, Mirth
allows
> messages to be filtered, transformed, and routed based on user-
defined
> rules."
>
> Discussion and more links at:
> http://www.linuxmednews.com/1142701707/index_html

Thanks for the post Ignacio,

We just recently moved over to SourceForge from our on hosted
version of Trac.  During the transition the Alpha download was
unavailable as was the demo/play version of Mirht hosted on our
server.

We're starting to get some interest in the project.  Our short term
goal is to get some folks to work with and evaluate the tool and
generate feedback -- even participate in some case studies we want
to write.  We recently added Oracle and SqlServer JDBC support based
on some feedback from early evaluators.

The alpha already has much of the base capability
of commercial tools like InterfaceWare's Iguana, which is a great
tool, but still cost $'s.

Longer term we hope to build an open source repository of sharable
HL7 interfaces.

Thanks again for your support!

Gary Teichrow
WebReach, Inc.