Fred Trotter wrote:
> This is an interesting discussion. However we do have some decisions to
> make.
>
> 1. Does the different nature free and open source medical software warrant
> different consideration than proprietary models for CCHIT certification
> pricing. (If a large number of people feel this way then we should draft our
> own letter.)
> Yes/No

No. In fact it doesn't matter.  And, the pricing model should not
change.  Open Source stimulates more ECONOMIC development overall than
proprietary software does. So, I believe successful open source projects
will ultimately have more money to spend on certification than
proprietary companies.

> 2. In NOT should the pricing generally be lowered for everyone so that small
> and open source projects will have the opportunity to get certified. (If you
> feel this way then you should just sign the emrupdate.com letter)
> Yes/No

No. I'm actually expecting the price to go up at some point.  If the
price gets lower, I would expect more proprietary companies to seek
certification.

Richard