Extract from Molly's summary of rationale:
>    From: Molly Cheah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Important announcement and oshca update
>
> ...I thought we were approaching this issue
> (developing vs developed countries) from the funding perspectives (not
> mentioning developing countries' perception and acceptance of developed
> countries' agenda). Besides there are more needs by developing countries
> for open source health care systems as a viable and sustainable
> alternative which we hope OSHCA can play a significant role as a
> non-profit, apolitical entity for maximum impact in health outcomes.

As a long time supporter of open source in the academic realm and having
participated in the past with international standards organizations, I
have to agree with Molly here.  Incorporation in the developed world
will send the wrong signals to some (not all, but some) and this effort
should focus on maximizing  the vast wealth in talent and innovation
that lies outside the US or EU boundaries.  The challenge for those of
us in the US and EU is going to be to keep up with the momentum!  We
have our own legacy entanglements, messy laws and regulations and some
vastly powerful entities that have a stake in the outcomes.