Dear Molly and All,

I have a few (minor) remarks concerning the OSHCA constitution,
in its previous version 1.0 draft 4 from April 7th 2006:

4.1 Write all abbreviations at their first appearance in full name, e.g.
"ICT"
    or/and add a list of abbreviations used at the end of the
constitution.
4.2 It would be nice if all points could start with a verb in infinitive.
    4.2.1 could start with "Promote to policy makers ..."
    4.2.3 instead of using "Makes" (third person singular) should
    use the infinitive "Make recommendations ..."
    and likewise for 4.2.4/5/6/7/8
    alternatively, use the third person consistently everywhere
5.4 There should be a remark on whether a person can be ordinary
    member and member through an association, at the same time.
5.5 In my opinion, associate members should have voting rights
    (1 vote per association).
6.1 It would be nice if you added EUR as currency.
    Perhaps, 1 EUR/USD/... is enough for an ordinary member
    (more a symbolic fee, but low enough for everybody to enter)?
    Associations then tenfold and corporations hundredfold.
    One "etc" is missing a dot "." (sorry for being pedantic)
6.3 For now, the "reentrance fee" should be fixed to be the
    same as the normal entrance fee.
8.1 Shouldn't it be possible to decide the things to be decided
    at a General Meeting via email instead? The meeting may be
    held by whoever wants to participate, but any decisions may
    be taken by the members via email. Physical presence is
    difficult, but phone-conferencing is not easier.
8.7 "forwarded or emailed" or "forwarded via email"?
8.8 Articles ... of these rules regarding ...
8.9 "... as soon as possible but no later than 30 days after ..."
9.3 "Names for the above officers ..." (officers instead of offices?)
9.4 "... to the expressed wishes ..."(?)
9.5 Isn't it enough for the committee to meet when called?
    I don't think OSHCA is so busy to justify a regular meeting.
    If regular, then perhaps every 6 months instead of every 3?
9.6.1 "... in the circular email and ..." (?)
11.1 "... remuneration of expenses ..." (?)
11.2 "... provisions in these rules ..." (?)
14.2 "Except where they are ..." (?)
16 I would also disallow OSHCA to invest into shares or fonds
    or the like and to use a standard conservative bank account only.
    Might this rather belong to article 11 (instead of 16)?
16.2 What does this paragraph mean?
    In Germany, it is quite common as a worker or employeee,
    to belong to a trade union. Does OSHCA want to take
    that right away from its members?
18.2 Debts?? I would like to disallow to make any debts at all,
    perhaps in article 11 or 16 above.

Christian