On Sep 22, 2006, at 10:25 AM, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:

> http://www.dwheeler.com/blog/2006/09/01/#gpl-bsd
>
> David Wheeler is well known in free / open source software
> circles.(e.g., http://www.dwheeler.com/oss_fs_why.html is a
> periodically
> updated classic). He makes an argument for why GPL is better than BSD
> style licenses even for businesses.
>
> Regards
> -- Bhaskar

That's an interesting analysis. My perspective has been (is?) that
the issue is primarily one of Linux reaching critical mass and
becoming self-sustaining. After all, both Linux and FreeBSD appeal to
the same basic market, and as one on OS gains more market share it
tends to become the more attractive alternative to others, creating a
positive feedback loop that decidedly favors the more popular OS.

Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Mathematics is the science of patterns."
--Lynn Arthur Steen, 1988

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: