Wayne Wilson wrote:

> example is
> the entire suite of PKI related standards.
>
> (Yeah, I know that this e-mail is digitally signed using PKI technology.
> But how useful is it to nearly anyone who gets it? I was doing
> inter-operability tests preparatory to a wide spread Hospital
> PKI implementation nearly 10 years ago. That implementation
> is yet to happen.)

We should not go too far into the territory of other lists, but in the
UK at least it seems likely that there is a behind-the-scenes opposition
to any effective cryptography in medical records as in other areas.

So it may be forces external to the process rather than the intrinsic
difficulty of implementing a standard that cause that.