They're a little fuzzy on data standards.  They want to focus on
interoperability and advocate for adopting existing standards.... They
advocate for a "common framework" for data interchange using "any
hardware and software".  I would think they would need open standards
and it could be supported by open source software.  With all the
corporations, though, it's inevitable that someone will try to grab
the "intellectual property" and make a few cents on every transaction.

I do like it that they want a decentralized data plan where data stay
under the control of whoever generated it and is exchanged when needed.

/Mark