From: openhealth@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dr Molly Cheah
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2007 11:03
To: openhealth@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [openhealth] Re: Hi folks.. OSHCA conference

Thanks for your offer Paul. You've probably missed OSHCA's call for
presentation at its coming conference from May 8-11 2007 in Kuala
Lumpur. The date had been changed from May 1 to accommodate request from
those who wish to attend HIMSS Asia-Pacific in S'pore.

We're making some changes to the programme to include a training
component for new Asian FOSS programmers (the contents are being worked
out), again focussing on data exchange and interoperability. Our major
funders (as of now) will be IDRC and UNDP-APDIP's IOSN (ASEAN+3).

Naturally we welcome other assistance not only financial support but
more crucially presentations of FOSS applications, other resources for
expertise to impart their knowledge on the wide ranging topics of FOSS
in healthcare.

Here is a repeat of the call, with the new confirmed dates. We have also
confirmed the venue as the Federal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur offering us a
hotel rate of MYR180 nett per room (single/twin-sharing with breakfast).
At current exchange rate of approx. 3.5 its only USD52 per day.

We're working out with our funders to make available scholarships for
FOSS advocates who can't afford to come on their own, but feel strongly
that they would like to share their expertise, experience and
collaborate with their developing world FOSS enthusiasts especially from
the Asian region.

So, we would like to welcome anyone to register their interests with us
asap to help us plan the conference in a better way. I'm off travelling
for a week and may not be able to respond regularly, but there are
others on the OSHCA conference technical committee who will do so.

Please bear with us on the slowness of the OSHCA web portal. It's
temporarily hosted on the MCTC's server from my office, as upto now we
don't have any funding for OSHCA except for some subscription received
so far. In the meantime, we'll update using this list.

Moving the FOSS Agenda for Health: Setting the Framework for
Interoperability

*8-11 May 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia*

Call for Presentations OSHCA 2007 - Annual Open Source Health Care
Alliance Meeting

This four-day conference provides the opportunity for Free/Open Source
Software (FOSS) applications in healthcare, its updates and the use of
FOSS technologies to be presented to participants particularly from the
developing countries of the Asia-Pacific region. The target audience, in
addition to the FOSS in Healthcare Community, will include interested
persons from Ministries of Health and Private Health Care Facilities
from this region.

The conference agenda will also include presentations and workshops on a
variety of issues focussing on interoperability and data exchange. Major
concerns on affordability and developing human capacity in the
promotion, adoption and the use of FOSS applications will be deliberated on.

There will also be concurrent sessions for training of new FOSS
programmers in health care to be scheduled during the conference.

To register your interest in presenting your applications, please email
a brief description of your application (not more than 250 words) and
its reference url in plain text or XHTML to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:conference%40oshca.org> org
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:conference%40oshca.org> org>

OSHCA Committee will decide on the final programme, logistics etc.
For updated information on the conference status and registration
information as it becomes available please visit the conference site at:
http://oshca. <http://oshca.org/conference/conf2007/>
org/conference/conf2007/

In the meantime, please register your interests asap to enable us to
plan the conference agenda.

Molly