Tim Cook wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 12:36 -0700, james denge wrote:
> We are considering installing Mirth (www.mirthproject.org) on RedHat
> Linux.
> Anyone do this yet?
> <<<
>
> Well, not me.
>
> But this (and the general application of open source software and
> tools<do you really believe in and support them?>)
> would be a real big boost if you want to claim to be available on an
> open source stack.
>
> The ideals are not just a badge and honor you proclaim.  They are a
> belief and commitment to a different and changing world.
>
> Please let me know when your application is available on the most
> prolific open source platform on the planet.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> PS>  I am not attacking Mirth as a project nor as any individual.  I do
> however, find it difficult to follow in my mind, that individuals of a
> project can contribute their time and energy to a project/family where
> they do not fully understand the consequences of their efforts.

Tim,

I don't understand what you are, um, ranting about. If you look at the
MIRTH web site (www.mirthproject.org) you'll see, prominently displayed,
on the home page, a link for the download of a tarball for Linux/Unix
installation, alongside links for the MS-Windows and Apple OS X
versions. What's your problem?

Or were you intending to direct your remarks to whatever the
correspondent's company produces, but you mentioned MIRTH instead by
mistake?

Confused,

Tim C