comments inserted [mlp]

----- Original Message -----
From: "JohnLeo Zimmer, MD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:29 AM

> Thanks for the comparison, Fred.
> What we still lack, I'd suggest, is a mechanism for releasing the
> WorldVistA EHR codebase under a CentOS-style badge. I think WorldVistA
> itself needs to take such a step.

[mlp] We have.

> Our situation is a little more analogous to "Linux --> CentOS --> RHEL"
> in that FOIA VistA --> WorldVistA pre-CCHIT --> WorldVistA EHR CCHIT.
>
> WorldVistA has built the EHR and then added CCHIT certification. The
> certification is in some sense a value-added fork from the underlying
> codebase. It needs to be released in that manner just as you describe.
> One difference is that we lack a separate CentOS sort of organization.
> WorldVistA needs to perform that function as well.
>
> Joseph can correct me, but I think the name "WorldVistA EHR" is now the
> CCHIT brand name, use of which must imply the licensing that preserves
> CCHIT.

[mlp] We use WorldVistA EHR(tm) for both.  CCHIT certification applies to a
particular version -- currently it is:
WorldVistA EHR  VOE/ 1.0.  For the non-certified, we are using the "field test"
tag, FT.  The tag may change, but the non-certified code will always be
available.  Also subject to change is where to find it. Currently, WorldVistA
EHR v1.0 FT-01 is available at Source Forge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=193652

> We need a clear brand name for the code sans-CCHIT,
> perhaps "WV EHR FOSS"

[mlp] FOSS was suggested, but for now, FT is the non-certified version.