PIP is the database management infrastructure at the heart of our FIS
Profile real-time banking application.  For the first time, the
infrastructure has been separated from the financial application code
and made available as a separate software layer under the GNU General
Public License (GPL).  The web page is at
http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/FNFIS/Markets/NonFinancialIndustries/Healthcare/PIP/default.htm

and the software is available at Source Forge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pip) as a software appliance (QEMU
virtual machine).

Caveats:

1. Although the underlying engine is mature, the packaging is brand
new.  At this time, it is better characterized as expert friendly than
user friendly.  If you want to play with it, please start with the Readme.

2. For anyone interested in using it to access VistA, PIP does not have
a tool to map Fileman files.  You can create tables and access them, but
to access Fileman files, you will need to write code to map between
files and tables.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

______________

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.