A year or so ago I talked to Brian he had moved back to Vancouver.

  It seems like eons...it's only 4 years ago that the SPIRIT project
which was funded by the European Commission completed its work. I wrote
the proposal which resulted in the European Commission FP5 funding, and
subsequently wrote the business plan and high level strategy for the
project. I ended my partnership with Brian and Minoru before the SPIRIT
contract completed so I can't speak for what arrangements were made
after the project ended to implement the sustainability plan we
developed for the consortium. I wrote Carlo Daffara one of the Minoru
subcontractors who was hosting the SPIRIT site (www.euspirit.org) to ask
what happened to the software inventory and I believe he still has
backups of the system.

The announcement of openhealthtools just shows that we were on the right
track. Mind you, they could have used more imagination coming up with a
name as we coined and started using the Openhealth label at Minoru in
1998/9 and Brian still owns www.openhealth.com from back then.

Joseph