I'd like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement.

I've been asked for some practical examples of how my program can be
used. One obvious use is for data transmission in the  most efficient
way since all that's in the CSV are the data labels and values; all the
XML tags are stripped out and no XSL is need. That means a 3KB data file
vs. an 67KB XML and  19KB XSL, a size reduction of about 97% before
compression.

What else can you do once you have the CSV? Well, one thing is to write
another script (macro) that consumes the CSV and exports any selected
data values to a database table. There are a number of ways to do this,
but one is to locate each data element via a search routine, defining
the found data value as a variable, then used that variable in an SQL
query that exports the value to a table.

Note that I'm responding to Stuart questions in a separate post.

Steve

http://opensourceandpatents.blogspot.com/2008/11/first-open-source-offer\
\