Hi,
        The local FOSS revolutionaries in Houston, TX have decided
that it is time to restart hosting a conference/unconference focused
exclusively on FOSS in healthcare. DOHCS http://www.dohcs.org/ is
awesome, but there is only so much that you can accomplish in a single
day. (BTW you need to register soon if you want to make DOHCS). We
also feel that Californians should not be the only ones having all the
fun. So I am happy to announce the FOSS Healthcare conference.

http://fosshealth.eventbrite.com/

         The conference will be held here in Houston, TX the weekend
of July 31st to August 2. We are trying to coordinate to have the
WorldVistA conference at the same time/location, but for now that is
up in the air.

          Early bird registration is really, really cheap. This is
very intentional. I know that budgets are tight and travel is often
the first thing to go. We are making early bird registration cheap
enough that you might be able to fund the trip out-of-pocket if you
are an individual contributor to a particular project. We also have
limited "spare room" availability so if you want to go, but cannot
afford a hotel, contact me offline ASAP. If I get an overwhelming
response to this, I may need to change to bigger facilities. So really
cheap early-bird registration has the added benefit of giving me a
good early head count. Early-bird registration is just $60 bucks. You
can SAVE TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS if you register early!

          I have invited every project that I could think of, but I
know for a fact that FOSS in healthcare is much bigger than my meager
contact list. If you work with or know of an open source project with
serious impact in healthcare that might like to attend/present, please
forward them this invitation! Here are the rules for project
invitations:

* You have to be actually using the software live to be considered for
a project invitation. No disrespect to alpha projects, but our
resources are limited and we have to favor mature projects.
* Project leaders can get two free tickets to the conference, one for
a guest and one for a speaker. The speaker should be ready to give a
10 minute summary talk on your project.
* Please advertise this talk now on your own forums. The early-bird
pricing, specifically for community members is only good for about a
month.

I have already gotten commitments to speak from people that I consider
to be some of the top minds in FOSS healthcare. I can guarantee that
if you are a Medical or IT professional you will get good talks on
software that can make a difference in your world today. I am doing
everything that I can think of to ensure that different projects will
be able to cross-pollinate and grow.

If you are not sure if you can go... it is worth $60 to reserve a
spot... sign up today!

-FT

--
Fred Trotter