So if I understand Johns summary any provider could go through the process
of screen shot certification using a full blown open source product under
EHR-S for the nominal fee.

Then the vendor could promote that, and other providers could optionally
certify if they wanted to - or not as the case may be.

If the vendor wanted the full blown stamp of certification for the entire
product then you pay the $5 - $30K.

Seems like it creates a new entry point - if from that the vendor had 100
providers that wanted certification but not the hassle of the certification
process they could hand over the $300 to the vendor who then can spend it
and have something left over for ice cream.

I think this is good for physician offices.

I think the open source community should study the small print and reflect
on their ideals and values.

Greg

http://www.patientos.org

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:08 PM, alesha <alesha.adam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There have been some interesting comments posted to John Halamka's blog
> this
> morning regarding the new CCHIT model:
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/no7psf
>
> *Re: Edmund's post - the devil *is* in the definitions/details
>
> I recommend we continue to be part of the dialogue, be sure we understand
> what is really being proposed, offer constructive feedback, and continue to
> inform CCHIT of our business needs. Good work, so far - more good work to
> do.
>
> .alesha
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:10 PM, fred trotter
> <fred.trot...@gmail.com<fred.trotter%40gmail.com>
> >wrote:
>

> > It appears that we have nothing but either positive comments or questions
> > about what happened.
> >
> > Rather than try and accurately summarize, I would prefer to link in the
> pdf
> > that CCHIT created to cover the new certification model.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/kteyoq
> >
> > My inaccurate summary:
> >
> > They will no longer require updated certification based on version
> changes.
> > They will allow for site level certification. (which is open source
> > friendly)
> > They will allow for modular certification (different products doing
> > different parts)
> >
> > -FT
> >

> > --
> > Fred Trotter
> > http://www.fredtrotter.com

Gregory Caulton
Principal at PatientOS Inc.
personal email: caulton...@gmail.com
http://www.patientos.com
corporate: (888)-NBR-1EMR || fax  857.241.3022