On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Matt Leininger wrote:

 Several developers have volunteered to work on uDAPL.  The DAT
collaborative is working to get a GPL/BSD version of uDAPL to OpenIB.
James and Arkady from NetApp gave a DAT talk.  They mentioned needing 1
month to get the GPL code, and another month or two to fork the code
base.  I'm not sure why 2-3 months is needed to do this.  Perhaps James
and/or Arkady can comment.

My 2-3 month estimate was based on 1 month for the DAT Collaborative to discuss and vote on licensing the code under the GPL and 1-2 months to port and test on OpenIB Gen 2.

I think we need to see the GPL/BSD uDAPL code for OpenIB in the next couple of weeks. Better to put the code in the open so everyone can see what changes are required. Same goes for kDAPL. Was the u/kDAPL implementation for OpenIB going to live at openib.org or stay under cvs at the sourceforge dapl project?

We are proposing to maintain the code in both locations. The OpenIB specific implementation would be on openib.org while a platform/transport independent implementation would continue on our SourceForge site.