Hal Rosenstock wrote:
Hi again Eitan,
The transparency to the RMPP is an RMPP implementation choice.
Having incorrect paylen in the first segment is a compliancy violation.
It should be either 0 or correct value.

Yes, is that what is going on ? I haven't had a chance to look at the GIF you sent
and analyze it.
Yes that is exactly what I have provided in the first mail:
But how would the SA or SA Client that gets an assembled MAD be
able to tell the number of records?

It gets a "real" received length provided it supplies a buffer large enough.
So I guess the "real receive length" is truncated to the last data record even if the packet sent was 256 bytes?

Also, does the current implementation let the client do the assembly?
No.
Good. I hoped this is the case.

Anyway, the last segment paylen was incorrect too.
OK. That's another thing I'll look at.
The first mail I sent had all the analysis in it with exact peylen values for first and second segments.
-- Hal