But you would have to define automatic path migration in
generic/transport neutral terms. I've actually come up with
some definitions that are inclusive of IB and SCTP, but a
definition of Automatic Path Migration that includes TCP
isn't going to be very meaningul since the migration of
a TCP connection occurs one layer lower than for IB.

If APM can only be defined for IB then it does not have
to be addressed in the generic interface.