Fab Tillier wrote:
I'd like to see us define the protocol independent of the service ID.  We can
then establish a service ID range to be used with this protocol for NFS/RDMA, or
for more generic TCP mappings, but these are two different issues to me.

But the protocol (if you define a private data format as a protocol) has no meaning to the CM. It only has meaning to the application that's listening on the service ID. Using a reserved bit in the REQ mixes the CM's protocol (which is to process REQs, REPs, etc.) with that of the application.

- Sean