Kevin Reilly wrote:
Thanks Sean,
    I think the rdma_resolve_addr() does what we want. Translate a local IP
to a ib_device structure that i can use in the ibverbs.
What we want to do is pretty simple and we won't need to create a
connection.

Based on your description, I think that rdma_bind_addr() may work better. The bind call works synchronously, whereas, resolve is an asynchronous operation. The difference is that bind translates a local address only, and resolve translates remote and an optional local address.

Can we have a discussion on the timeframe for this?

These are already working in the kernel. A userspace implementation should be available in 1-2 weeks. I finished coding the necessary userspace support kernel module on Friday of last week, and am now starting on the userspace library.

- Sean